It is component library for OLAP, .NET & Silverlight (C#).
* MDX DOM, Parser, Generator, Query Designer
* Description of supported MDX Syntax
* Dynamic Pivot Grid - Pivot Table with Writeback
* OLAP metadata choice controls
The new build Ranet OLAP 3.1.726 is available for download registered customers only.
The new version Ranet OLAP 3.5 is available in Online Demo
This version has already used by our customers in England, Germany, France, USA, Brasil, Australia, South Africa, Chine, Estonia, Russia, Belarus.
The version Ranet OLAP 3.1 was localized for English, Portuguese, Italian, German, Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Belarusian and Ukrainian
languages. See also Localization
Localization for Turkish and Polish is in progress. Also we are going to localize the application for Czech.
New! Some new video samples are available on YouTube channel:
See also Ranet OLAP Pivot Grid Video Course
and pivot_grid_overview.pdfGo to online demo
What's new in Ranet OLAP 3.1:
- MDX Designer saves state of PivotTable when adding a new Hierarchy
- Toolkit Chart Integration:
See also: Roadmap Ranet OLAP
The new version Ranet OLAP 3.0 WPF available for download.
What is Ranet OLAP?
Components library Ranet.UILibrary.OLAP
is intended for creating full-featured business intelligence applications (RIA, Rich Internet Applications
) based on the Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
Components library Ranet.UILibrary.OLAP
is implemented based on the most resent Web-technologies: Microsoft .NET
and Microsoft Silverlight
It can be used for displaying data from Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2005/2008 using most popular Web-browsers: Mozilla Firefox
, Google Chrome
, Internet Explorer
Ranet OLAP Visual Controls List
- PIVOT GRID - control shows a summary table which is a result of running the MDX query
- Sorting - Ascending and Descending sorting can be applied to a row area, column area, or data area in the pivot grid table
- Members group - grouping data in the row area and column area are in the pivot grid table
- Show Properties - It can display the property of the dimension member in the table
- Properties, Custom Properties - show properties of the dimension member or cell, and their current values, in a special window
- DrillThrough - shows the detailed data used for calculating the indicator value for the cell, in a special window
- Show MDX - displays the MDX query generated as a result of design, or prepared manually by the user, in a special window
- Writeback - Editing cube data. See also Editing data in the pivot grid
- MDX DESIGNER - control permits creating interactive reports based on Microsoft Analysis Services OLAP cube data
- Customer Calculation Editor - a built-in Customer Calculations Editor permits the user to create calculated members and calculated sets on his own
- Change Filter - to modify the filter, where a list of members included in the report is determined
- MEMBER CHOICE - control serves for selecting one or a number of cube dimension members
- Find tab - It is a visual element used to determine the search parameters
- LEVEL CHOICE - control is used for selecting a level in the cube hierarchy.
- MEASURE CHOICE - control is intended for selecting a cube measure, including selection within a specific measure group
- KPI CHOICE - control is intended for selecting a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for the cube
- DATE PARAMETER - control is intended for selecting a date from a cube time dimension on a calendar form
- KPI VIEWER - control shows Key Performance Indicators (KPI) defined in the cube, and their basic values at certain time
- DATA ACTUALITY - Cube data relevance
- SESSIONSTATE- Session state button
Welcome to Ranet.UILibrary.OLAP project
Visual elements that are included with the Ranet.UILibrary.OLAP library offer strong functionality and excellent design. This intuitive and easy-to-master tool does not require technical knowledge or programming skills from the user. It can meet business analysis requirements of the most demanding users.
Unlimited analytical possibilities offered by Ranet.UILibrary.OLAP library components enable the user to view the data from various angles. They help reveal business development trends that could have gone unnoticed or seemed of no importance.
The visual elements included with the Ranet.UILibrary.OLAP library permit to create interactive reports of any complexity level based on the data of the Microsoft Analysis Services OLAP cubes. Depending on the skill and professional level of the user, one can build an interactive report simply by dragging and dropping the cube metadata elements to the filter area, rows, columns of the summary table. Alternatively, it is possible to prepare a complex MDX query, using maximum capabilities of the MDX language, in order to achieve the most efficient solution for the report. MDX Visual Designer overviewLearn more MDX Designer
The Drill Down, Drill Up, and Drill Through functions give the user the maximum possibilities for detailed data analysis:
- Going into different data levels, from summary to detailed data (the hierarchy of the dimension determines the drill down ways);
- Possibility to go down to the detailed data (Drill Down) by expanding the hierarchy nodes or going back to the summary data (Drill Up);
- Analyzing the actual data behind the aggregate indicator (Drill Through);
Flexible filter configuration parameters permit data search and data filtering based on most diverse criteria. It is possible to combine criteria using AND and OR operators, various types of tests (like "contains", "equal to", "starts with") and measure or property values help to specify the search request.Filter setup dialog
It is possible to save the configuration of reports and filters in the server rather than in the local user machine, to make them accessible from any non-office location at any time. It is possible to export or import the configurations from/to XML files, which is important as many users can use summary table configurations prepared by the experienced and skilled people. In other words, there is a path from personal use and analysis of information (as, for example, working with Microsoft Excel files) to shared use and analysis. And this promises additional business benefits.
The data export function to the Microsoft Excel format offers additional possibilities of qualitative analysis, including off-line analysis.
Access to the data in the summary table can be arranged based on access rights in the SQL Server Analysis Services. This would ensure high security level when working with data, based on the role of the user.
Features of the library provide good usability, ergonomic design and comfort in the reports: cell formatting based on the cube format settings (BackColor, ForeColor, etc.) and custom format settings, conditional font and image parameters depending on the cell values, the possibility to hide empty rows or columns, flip (rotate) axes, scale the tables, navigation through historical data.Cell formatting in the summary tableSparkline and DataBarLearn more PIVOT GRID
Library Ranet.UILibrary.OLAP includes components for visual building MDX queries, processing MDX queries, delivering the query results to the client, and showing them in the summary table and in other visual elements.
The use of Web-technologies in the design of corporate information systems reflects the modern approach to integration of data and applications. Library RanetUILibraryOLAP is implemented based on the most resent Web-technologies: Microsoft .NET and Microsoft Silverlight. It can be used for displaying data from Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2005/2008/2008R2/2012 using most popular Web-browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer).
Resources, Services, Contact Us
Go to Ranet.UILibrary.OLAP Online Demo
Installation Requirements: Silverligth 5.0In the demo example, always use the latest version of the component. However, its source code is not available for download.
See also Galaktika BusinessMonitorGalaktika BusinessMonitor
is an integrated development enviroment (IDE) intended for building BI solutions using advanced Microsoft® tools - Silverlight 5 and SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2/2012 (MSSQL, MSAS, MSRS). To satisfy needs in visualization of multidimentional data, we use RanetUILibraryOLAP
Before using please read Readme file: http://code.google.com/p/ranet-uilibrary-olap/wiki/Readme
Ranet.UILibrary.OLAP video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDNa3D8RO4Y
Commercial license and technical support for this product is available.
Call or email at the information shown below:
US, Canada and EU
3555 Harbor Gateway South, Suite B, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, etc